RENTAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
This contract is between ACE/ RENT A BUGGY LTD., herein called the LESSOR, and the RENTER, herein called LESSEE.
- 1.Owner: The Lessee acknowledges that the vehicle described in this contract (herein referred to as the Vehicle) is the property of the Lessor.
- 2.ACE Affiliation: This car rental agency is an independently owned and operated business which accepts reservations through ACE Rent A Car Reservations, Inc. (“ACE”) and is licensed to use the ACE trademarks. ACE has no liability for any acts of this car rental agency or for any injuries and/or damages arising from your use of this car rental agency.
- 3.Agreement of Rental: The Lessor hereby leases the Vehicle to the Lessee in its present condition and to Lessee’s entire satisfaction at the rate set forth on the reverse hereof. The Lessee acknowledges delivery of the Vehicle free from damage except as specifically noted in this Rental Contract and undertakes to return the Vehicle in the same condition as received. Lessor makes no express or implied warranty as to any matter whatsoever including, without limitation the condition of the Vehicle and its equipment or its fitness for any particular purpose.
- 4.Credit Card: Rent A Buggy may require Renter to present a credit card (“the Credit Card”) on signing of the Agreement form. In such case, Renter authorizes Rent A Buggy to debit all charges relating to the renting of the vehicle, under the Agreement, to the Credit Card and warrants that the Credit Card will be good for all such charges, including any additional charges under paragraphs 4, 6, 7,9& 10. Renter also authorizes Rent A Buggy to reserve credit with the Credit Card issuer to cover all charges estimated, at the time the Agreement is signed, as likely to accrue. Renter, in addition, authorizes Rent A Buggy to debit the Credit Card with any subsequent charges (for example, where there is repair damage to be charged) and to correct any Credit Card charge that requires correction after invoices, etc., come to hand (Renter to be notified by Rent A Buggy of any such correction).
- 5.Special or Additional Charges: The Lessee shall pay to the Lessor the amount of any additional rental charges (gas, damages, additional time, additional services, etc.) immediately upon return of Vehicle to Lessor over and above the deposit made. Gasoline used and not replaced by Lessee will be charged to Lessee at current rates prevailing.The Lessee agrees to pay the Lessor an amount equal to the cost of repairing to the satisfaction of the Lessor
- 6.Care of Vehicle: The Lessee agrees that the vehicle will be driven only by the Lessee or by the additional driver(s) whose name(s) appears(s) on the Rental Contract. The Lessee agrees that the Vehicle will not be operated by anyone under 25 years of age or in an illegal, reckless or otherwise abusive manner, or by any person under the influence of alcohol or drugs and/or in violation of any provision of the Rental Contract or to propel or to tow any other vehicle or device or for any illicit or prohibited trade or transportation, or for carrying passengers for hire. The Lessee agrees that the Vehicle will only be driven on highways or private roads AND WILL NOT BE DRIVEN ON BEACHES.
- 7. Return: The Lessee agrees to return the Vehicle to the Lessor promptly at the time specified or earlier upon the demand of the Lessor and to immediately pay all the charges provided for herein. If the Lessee does not return the Vehicle at the time specified for any reason whatsoever the protection of the insurance will not be extended to the Lessee and the Lessor may, without demand or notice, take immediate possession of the vehicle wherever found and without the assistance of any public authority.
- 8.Parking and Traffic Safety: The Lessee agrees not to use the Vehicle in violation of any law or traffic regulations or in any manner hazardous to public safety and will pay any fine imposed for any violation.
- 9.Accidents, etc.: The Lessee undertakes to immediately advise the Lessor by telephone or in the absence of such means of communication, in the most rapid manner possible, of any mechanical defect which interferes with the safe operation of the Vehicle and to immediately cease operating the Vehicle. The Lessee agrees to immediately report to the Police and to the Lessor within 24 hours after the said theft or accident and the Lessee shall forward immediately to the Lessor every writ, letter, document or advice received by the Lessee from or on behalf of any claimant and shall fully cooperate with the Lessor’s insurers and the Lessor in all matters connected with the investigation of and with the defense of any claim or suit.
- 10.Legal Proceedings: If the Lessor employs an attorney or a collection agency to enforce any part of this Rental Contract, the amount of the claim of the Lessor against the Lessee will be increased. The Lessee shall at times hold the Lessor harmless against all claims and suits and actions arising out of the Lessee’s renting or operation of the Vehicle. It is agreed that the Lessor is not responsible for injuries sustained by Lessee, driver(s) or passenger(s) including injuries which may arise out of the sole negligence of the Lessor.
- 11.Liability for Damages and Repairs: Lessee is fully liable for the car including, but not limited to, the current retail value for the car, in excellent condition, and any and all claims for “down time/loss of use” for up to thirty (30) days. Lessee is fully liable for the car, whether the car is stolen or damaged by reason of abuse, Act of God, collision, fire, gross negligence, theft, and/or vandalism, regardless of who is “at fault”. However, if the Lessee has not breached this rental agreement by violating any condition, restriction or term of this rental agreement, and if the Lessee has accepted and paid for the Collision Damage Waiver, Lessor will waive its claims against Lessee for collision damage to the car excluding the deductible amount disclosed. Lessee is always fully liable for glass, tires, rims, transmission and engine which are under no circumstance covered by Collision Damage Waiver. The Lessee agrees to pay the Lessor an amount equal to the cost of repairing to the satisfaction of the Lessor any damage to the Vehicle from any cause, which occurs after its delivery to the Lessee and before its return to the Lessor, unless the Lessee initials and pays for the optional Collision Damage Waiver. Any breach of this rental agreement renders the Collision Damage Waiver null and void. The Collision Damage Waiver is NOT INSURANCE.
- 12.Collision Damage Waiver Options
- CDW 1- $750 Deductible
- CDW 2- $500 Deductible
- CDW 3- $250 Deductible